NeurOmega delivers DHA to your cells, including the Retina, which has the highest level of DHA in the body. DHA is also the main fatty acid in the brain.NeurOmega provides DHA from algae source plus key fat soluble vitamins and botanical factors.
Unlike most Omega 3 sources, our DHA is obtained directly from algae, not from fish which are higher on the food chain, where heavy metals and other toxins bio-accumulate.
Fish oil actually starts as algae oil supercharged with DHA at the base of the food chain.
Fish convert some of the DHA to EPA for storage, and our bodies can convert it back to DHA.
But the cleanest source of Omega 3 essential fatty acids in the biologically active form of DHA is from the algae themselves.
Other plant sources of Omega 3 also have reduced effectiveness as the body must convert them to DHA to get the full benefits.
The American Diet is too low in Omega 3 EFA's, so NeurOmega is the perfect addition to your meals, with no added excipients.
Each excipient-free high molecular weight seeweed-based gelatin cap of NeurOmega (colored yellow with Curcumin) supplies:
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid from Whole Algae Oil) 500 mg *
Safranal 3% (Crocus sativa) 30 mg *
Cyanidin-3-Glucosides (C3G) 40% (Oryza sativa) 10 mg *
Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Palmitate) 50 mg 33%
Vitamin E (mixed Tocopherols) 6.7 mg 33%
D-Limonene (Citrus spp.) (organic cold pressed) 90 mg *
Vitamin A (Retinyl Acetate) 500 mcg 1667 IU 33%
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 3.3 mcg 200 IU 33%
Vitamin K2 (MK-7) 26 mcg 33%
Phytoceramides (from Whole Algae Oil), Carageenan (vegetarian gel capsule: molecular weight >200,000; Molecular formula: (C12H18O9)n), Curcumin (coloring)
The potentialbenefits of D-Limonene include:
- antioxidant and anti-inflammatory functions via iNOS, COX-2 and ERK expression (prevents rancidity of the whole algae oil in the formula)
- cancer prevention by inhibition of G proteins involved in regulating cell growth by preventing the addition of hydrophobic groups essential to their function (studies show growth inhibition in breast cancer via inhibition of cyclin D1 and IL-6 expression, inhibition of the spread of stomach cancer via decreased BCL2 and increased p53, protection against skin cancer, and promotion of apoptosis in human colon and prostate cancer cells)
- reduces heartburn and GERD
- promotes peristalsis
- dissolves gallstones
- supports weight loss
- eases metabolic disorders
- breaks down rapidly into perillyl alcohol (POH) which protects the HPA axis and reduces stress and anxiety, showing interaction with 5-HT1A receptors
- protects the extracellular matrix by suppressing genes that make catabolic MMP proteins.
- reduces skin other tissue inflammation via reduction of TNF-α and inhibition of NF-kB
- moderate doses of D-Limonene taken for 1 year showed no toxicity in humans
- no negative effects were seen in 2 year studies on mammalian cells and animals